- Don’t bury your head in the sand. Reaching out for help is the first step towards regaining control of your problems and will help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Seek help and advice at the earliest possible opportunity. It can take time to resolve homelessness so don’t wait until you have nowhere to go.
- It is often easier to help you stay in your existing home than it is to find a new home.
- Finding suitable accommodation in Guildford can be hard and many people need to look outside of Guildford to find a new home that they can afford.
If you are worried about losing your home, we are here to help.
The Homeless Outreach and Support Team (HOST) can provide a range of services including :
- Help to access temporary emergency accommodation, and support to explore longer term accommodation options
- Support to Prevent people becoming homeless in the first place
- Support to access GP, mental health and wellbeing services
- Support to access Drug and Alcohol counselling, including detox and community treatment services, including practical harm reduction support
- Assistance to help manage finances and reduce debt
- An advocacy service to support customers to exercise your housing and welfare benefit rights
You can Contact HOST on 01483 302495 Guildford HOST – Riverside
Alternatively you can also contact Guildford Borough Council on 01483 505050 How we can help with homelessness – Guildford Borough Council